How to Install Your RotateMate
Congratulations on having received your RotateMate! We're so excited for you to install it and put it to good use as your floor workouts become easier than ever before!
Watch the video below to see how to install your RotateMate, or read the written instructions below. The video is shown in real time, meaning it should take about 5-10 minutes for you to have a screen that turns and tilts, so your yoga, strength, HIIT, and barre classes are all way easier (and still just as much fun!).
This installation video is for our newest generation of RotateMate. If you have the original generation (with the red or black clamp), learn how to install your RotateMate here.
Here's how to install your RotateMate:
- Unplug Peloton from the wall.
- Disconnect 2 plugs on bottom, back of screen.
- Remove plastic end caps covering screen bolt.
- Using supplied tools, remove "Nut and Washer" holding the screen in place. DO NOT REMOVE THE BOLT.
- Have "Helping Hands" (aka a friend or family member) hold the screen while you slide "Bolt" out (Note: there are several washers that may fall out). If these washers fall out DO NOT PANIC—simply pick them up and set them aside. If you lose any, we've included extras just in case!
- Set screen face down on a soft surface.
- Using supplied "Hex" wrench (also know as "Allen" wrench), loosen the Bolt holding the "S" bar in place—this is the bar that held your screen, and it is located underneath the handle bars. 2 turns is plenty to loosen it!
- Remove the "S" bar. (You may need to wiggle it, or twist it just a little bit....)
- Pick up the RotateMate bar and turn the neck to the side (not facing "down" toward the rest of the bar).
- Place the RotateMate neck on the back of the Peloton screen. There are several bolts and washers here, and they are to be installed in this order: Black Plastic Washer, Black Plastic Washer, Peloton Bracket, Black Plastic Washer, RotateMate Neck, Black Plastic Washer, Peloton Mount, Black Plastic Washer, Black Plastic Washer, Nut. Please note that we have included 2 additional metal washers, in case you lose any of the washers. Here's how to do this:
- Slide 2 black plastic washers onto the bolt (washer #1 and 2).
- Slide the bolt through Peloton bracket, just enough to add another (washer #3) Black Plastic Washer on the bolt on the inside of the bracket.
- Slide bolt through RotateMate Neck.
- Position another Black Plastic Washer (washer #4) between RotateMate Neck and Peloton Bracket.
- Slide bolt all the way through Peloton Bracket.
- Slide on another 2 black Plastic washers (washer #5 and 6).
- Twist on Nut and tighten snuggly to secure the RotateMate Neck in place.
- You may need to loosen/tighten the bolt and nut if the RotateMate does not hold itself in place (see video at 3:49). If the bolt is too loose, the bar will not stay in position. Set the tightness by turning the nut 1/4 of a turn at a time until the bar can hold in place.
- Rotate the bar to face the direction of the screen and carry the bar and screen together to your Peloton.
- Install the RotateMate bar by placing it where the original S bar was.
- Using the Hex wrench, tighten bolt holding the bar (the same bolt in step 7!). Again, a couple turns is plenty.
- Plug in 2 plugs on bottom of screen, and refix the clamp over them.
- Reattach the wires to the bike using the Peloton-supplied velcro.
- Reinstall plastic end caps to cover the bolt on the back of the screen.
- Plug into wall and have fun!
- We have included 2 Silver Washers as EXTRAS, just in case you lost the original Washers. If you do not use these, feel free to turn them into earrings (lol) or put them in your tool box for later use.
- Never use the RotateMate to move or lift your Peloton.
- Always return the screen back the way it came, and do not turn it more than 360*.